Maps & Directions
FROM THE EAST
When heading west on the Turnpike, take exit 6 to Pittsburgh. It is about 17 miles from the Turnpike to Carlow.
FROM THE NORTH
- After exiting the Turnpike, follow Route 376 West into Pittsburgh.
- Take Exit 3B Oakland, Bates Street.
- Go up the hill to the 1st light, and turn left onto the Boulevard of the Allies.
- At the 1st light, bear right onto Halket Street.
- Halket ends at Fifth Avenue. Make a left onto Fifth Ave. See remaining directions From Fifth Avenue which follow.
From the Turnpike East, take Exit 3, Cranberry Exit, onto Route 19 South and follow signs to 79 South.
FROM THE SOUTH, WEST AND AIRPORT
- Once on 79 South, follow signs to 279 South.
- Exit left onto 279 South towards Pittsburgh, until you reach the junction with 579 South.
- Take 579 South over the Veteran's Bridge. Stay in the left lane while crossing the bridge.
- Once across the bridge, get in the right lane and follow the signs towards 376 East, Monroeville onto the Boulevard of the Allies. DO NOT take the Monroeville exit ramp. Instead, stay in the left lane towards Oakland.
- Make a left onto Halket Street at the 2nd light.
- Make a left onto Fifth Ave. See remaining directions From Fifth Avenue which follow.
From 79 North, or 22/30 East, exit at Pittsburgh, onto 279 North.
FROM FIFTH AVENUE TO PARKING
- Go through the Fort Pitt Tunnels towards Pittsburgh. Stay in the right lane.
- Bear right to Exit 6A towards 376 East. Take Exit 2A (about 2 miles) to Forbes Avenue/Oakland.
- On Forbes Avenue, get into the far left lane.
- Make a left at the 2nd light onto Halket Street.
- Make a left onto Fifth Avenue. See remaining directions From Fifth Avenue which follow.
- Traveling Eastbound on Fifth Avenue you will turn right onto the Carlow University driveway. You will be driving uphill and will continue to follow the one-way drive as it bends to the left. Near the top of the hill the driveway bends to the right – there is a building on the right, which is the administrative building for The Campus School (Tiernan Hall). When you reach a stop sign there are two parking spaces immediately to the right designated for the Campus School (white signs with red lettering). Parking there is best. If those spaces are unavailable continue to the right around the traffic circle as you reach a wider parking lot (Lot B). There are five Campus School parking spaces in the middle of the lot. If those are taken you can search for another space in Lot B. There may also be spaces in Lot C, located outside of Lot B – turn right on Terrace Street, then left into Lot C.
ENTERING THE CAMPUS SCHOOL (TIERNAN HALL)
- Regardless of where you park you will want to enter Tiernan Hall on the opposite side of the building as the driveway. There is a large grass area. You will pass the first set of glass doors at Tiernan Hall and continue up the stone staircase to the two red doors. This will allow you to enter our reception area where you will be greeted.