Degrees and Certifications:
BA- University of Pittsburgh PA Instructional Certification Art K-12 - Carlow University MA, Arts in Ed/ developmental psych- Teachers College, Columbia University
Leigh Roche - Art Teacher
I began my art teaching as an intern in the Childrens Room in the Carnegie Museum of Art Saturday Art program. That was a long time ago, but it was when my love for art and my love for teaching came alive and put me on this path. I have worked in museum education, schools, and community programs including:
- Carlow Early Learning Center
- Pittsburgh Center for the Arts (Art instructor: preschool, school-age, and young adults)
- Greater Pittsburgh YMCA ( Art instructor: school-age art classes and camps)
- PALS (Homeschool) Enrichment Program ( Art instructor: preschool through high school)
- The Hudson River Museum (Curator of school programs: school and group tours and workshops)
- The Bronx Museum of Arts ( Art instructior: family art workshops)
- The Center for Music and the Arts, Bronx NY (Art instructor: preschool through middle school art classes)
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC ( workshops for school-age children and high school students- engaging with works of art)
- Falk School ( behavior support through private agency)
- Propel Schools ( behavior support through private agency/ teacher)
I have been blessed with opportunities to learn from so many children, artists and teachers over the years and I am excited to be at The Campus School.
We will learn so much as we make art together!
In my personal time, I enjoy writing, yoga, and spending time with my son and daughter, and husband ( and my pets- a dog and rabbit).