Friday Newsletter: November 22, 2019:
Third Grade Newsletter
“Unity is strength…when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.”
Café/Daily 5: Third graders have been working very hard preparing for their Holiday Show. They have had a wonderful time rehearsing, learning dances, and simply enjoying being together. This is such a great opportunity for us to reinforce those all important social skills. This time helps us to develop:
- Self-Awareness: Recognizing feelings and identifying interests, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Self-Management: Managing feelings and behavior to control impulses and persevere in achieving important personal and academic goals.
- Social-Awareness: Understanding the needs and feelings of others while appreciating similarities and differences among individuals and groups.
- Relationship Skills: Maintaining positive relationships with others.
- Responsible Decision Making: Making good choices and contributing to one’s school, one’s community, and the world.
Math: This week we wrapped up Unit 2: Multiplication. Each day we start class with a multiplication facts review game, the kids are memorizing a lot of facts! We practiced reading bar and picture graphs and were introduced to line plots. We will review and take our unit test next week.
Social Studies: We continued to use class time to work on research for our Native American Lap Books which are due December 6th. We also read and learned about Native Americans in the South Western Culture Area. As a result of that we began making our own Kachina Dolls which are part of the traditional Pueblo culture.
Things to Remember:
- Parent Teacher Conferences are December 2nd and 3rd. Your child will be running the conference so it is very important that they attend.
- Our Holiday Show will be on December 12th and 13th at 10:15 both days in Room 201. Parents are more than welcome to stay for lunch after the program.
- Christmas Concert will be December 19th. More information to come!